Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday afternoon visiting the graves

As soon as Neal and I got home from all our meetings, we had a bite of salad and headed out to visit the graves.  We didn’t want to fight the crowds on Monday so chose to do our visiting on Sunday.  First, we went to Judy’s grave and left some flowers there.  Both Neal and I are not really happy with her marker so we discussed maybe making a larger one that would hold all our names and the children’s.  Just something we are thinking about doing.   We noticed that it is impossible to read what is on her marker.  The dark lettering is much nicer and so much easier to read.

IMG_4893

After leaving Judy’s grave, we headed to Midway to put flowers on my mother’s grave.  We stopped at Lila Mae’s and picked her up with all her flowers.  There is always a sad moment for me when I stand by mother’s marker.  I miss her terribly even though it has been 10 years since she died. 

IMG_4901

We then decorated other family member’s graves.  For the first time in my life I realized that Lila Mae gave birth to Kathy Ann on her birthday and that this sweet little spirit was taken back to Heavenly Father four hours after she was born.  Lila Mae gave birth and then lost a child on her birthday.  I would have been 8 years old and would not have known the grief that she must have been experiencing.  I cried and cried and told Lila Mae how sorry I was that she had endured that kind of pain.  How does one deal with that?  My heart broke for my sister today.

IMG_4899

No comments:

Post a Comment