Monday, May 13, 2013

Final comments:

I just want to thank everyone in the family for making this Mother’s Day another great one.  I didn’t post a picture of Lyndsy’s present to me because I didn’t think two small silver bottles were picture worthy but the eye cream on the inside of them is fabulous and I know very expensive!  Thank you Lyndsy for getting them for me.  The timing was perfect as I had just run out of my supply. 

I got calls, voxers and presents from all my children and I so appreciate each of them.  I’m so thankful that we have voxer.  It was great to hear from Derek and I’m proud of him for remember that it was Mother’s Day and making the effort to wish all his sisters and mother and happy day clear from China.

I’m grateful to be your mother and grandmother and pray that I will always live up to your expectations, no matter how impossible they may seem.  I love you, each one, deeply.

Our real gifts to one another can be a kind word, a smile, or a thoughtful act.  Our family is beautiful and I experience it often when we are all gathered together.  “There is Beauty All Around”, a baby’s smile, a magical moment, a grandchild’s love, a single bloom, bonded siblings, a family reunion, a grandchild’s art work whether it be in dance, music or art and a celebrated life.   Love, forgiveness and kindness to one another brings that love ever to the forefront.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, “Surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill of being merciful, especially to those who don’t expect it and often feel they don’t deserve it . . . However many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love.  It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.”

No comments:

Post a Comment