Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A text from Emmi

Sometimes you get a text or a note in the mail that just simply and completely makes you feel good all over.  This text was one of those moments.  I’ll quote it exactly as she wrote it:

“I want to be a grandma like you.  We just had about 30 old women show up to the course….Yikes….  They are all about your age, but look 10 years older.  They are drinking lots of beer, they are very loud, and showing off their quilts (yours are WAY better than anything here even I could do better than these quilts…).  They are wearing clothes for a generation 20 years younger, they cluster with each other, and they won’t even golf, but are signing up for the women’s league.  When I get older, I want to be like you.  Some very colorful words are coming out of their mouths…I don’t like them….”

How sweet is that?  Thanks Emmi.  I hope I always live up to your expectations and set a good example for all my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment