Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hayley Anne

Each one of my grandchildren has come to our family with their own unique personality and have each been given special gifts and talents. I enjoy each one and will probably at one time or another write about them. Right now I want to focus on Hayley. Her Uncle Tucker lovingly calls her 'Jeffrina' because she looks just like her dad. Like her dad, she is left handed, has brown eyes, wears glasses and is extremely intelligent. Her mind is going a mile a minute and she doesn't miss much when there is an adult conversation going on. She listens intently and will always have some input if allowed. Her dad, Jeff, called me with a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. I hope I can repeat the story accurately.

Jeff said he had just arrived home from work and was telling Lynda Ann about an incident that had happened and had been on going at work. Apparently a lady (we will call her Ethel) at his office was taking food out of the office refrigerator (that didn't belong to her) and taking it home to her children. This had been going on for a while. There was an email from HR addressing the issue, but not naming names. Jeff told Annie that one of co-workers kept a big bowl of fruit on her desk for the office personnel to help themselves to (kind of like having a candy dish only she preferred fruit). She had witnessed Ethel taking the fruit, when she thought no one was watching, and putting it in her back pack to take home to her kids. Ethel would also grab any food left over from presentations and take it home; even taking a whole pizza that was left over rather than leaving it for the office to share the next day. As Jeff finished telling Annie he noticed that Hayley was sitting there listening and had raised her hand. Jeff smiled and said, "Yes, Hayley, did you have something you wanted to say?" Hayley looked at Jeff and said, "I know how to solve that problem." Jeff just smiled and asked her what she would do. Hayley said, "Well, I think the lady should just just bring her kids to the office to eat the food !" Out of the mouth of babes.

Another darling story about Hayley happened toward the end of the school year. The teacher was lecturing on math. She noticed that Hayley had her hand up the whole time she was talking and finally at the end of her comments she said, "Yes, Hayley, did you have a question?" Hayley said, "No, I just had my hand up in case you asked a question because I knew I would know the answer!" How's that for confidence.

The last and best of all (I think). Hayley came home with some spelling words that she had to use in a sentence. One of her spelling words was 'think'. Jeff had been giving her a bad time about something and teasing her a bit. So she wrote this sentence: "I think my dad is obnockshus." Is that not priceless and phonetically spelled right.

Hayley, you are priceless to me and I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Hayley is most certainly one-of-a-kind! We all love her and can't wait to hear what her brain is thinking of!

    Wow, I missed a couple days and you have done lots of great blogging! I'm impresssed! I love reading these things. Some I know, some I don't. Many I miss out on between our visits. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (woops, that was me Jamie on Tucker's computer :-)

    ReplyDelete