Friday, August 20, 2010

I LOVE Summer!

Notice the pot. All his pots are from Mexico. He buys one or two every time we go there. It has almost become an obsession so we've had to tell him that he can't go 'pot' hunting anymore!
One of Neal's beautiful planters.

I was so tempted to go grab a Mason Jar and capture this busy little bee, but adulthood and wisdom has me catching him on film.


I absolutely love summer. I was just out in the back yard admiring Neal's planters and noticed hundreds of bees gathering nector. The scene took me clear back in my childhood to summers spent in Midway with my sister, Lila Mae and her family. Every summer as soon as school ended, I packed my bags and moved to Midway. Lila Mae lived on a farm which made the freedom to wander a reality and the probability of fantisies endless. One of my favorite things to do was to catch bees in a Mason Jar. I would pick just the right leaves and flowers to put in the jar, making a wonderful home for my bumble bees. Lila would punch holes in the lid with a screw driver so the bees would have plenty of oxegyn. I was sure they would live comfortably and forever in their carefully prepared home.




1 comment:

  1. Neal does keep some beautiful flowers out there! Great pictures! I'm so glad you got that camera.

    ReplyDelete