Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My daughter-in-law Mindy

My daughter-in-law, Mindy, is a classic. I really do love her. She can make me laugh no matter what mood I happen to be in. She teaches students who have violated school rules for things such as drugs and/or weapons. The schools send them to her and she tries to help them get an education and hopefully get back in to the school they were expelled from. Every once in a while she will send me an email that usually puts me on the floor, I'm laughing so hard. I keep telling her that she needs to write a book of her experiences. Here is a little glimps into one of her emails:

"I’ve got a classroom full of thugs and pot heads right now. They are mostly 9th graders, and a couple of 10th graders. It makes me laugh how they try to lie to me the first couple of days. Like I’m stupid and I’ve never done this before. Sheesh. And I already have two questions on my top 10 list of stupid questions this year…

I handed a girl her work and she looked up and me and said, “So…um… do I have to do this, like, right now?” No sweetheart, why don’t you wait until you’re locked up in DT? That sounds good, huh?

I was talking to a boy about his work and noticed that he had skipped about 20 pages, so I told him to go back and do the pages he hadn’t yet done. He said, “So, I can’t skip pages?” Hmmm… All I can do is shake my head sometimes.

Talk to you later!
Hugs,
Mindy"


I love her emails. They are always so descriptive of what she is dealing with on a day to day basis. Thanks Mindy for always making my day a 'laughing' one. Remember the song from Brear Rabbit and the Tar Baby? Brear Rabbit sings, "Everybody's got a laughing place." Well, you are my laughing place!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is funny! Mindy does have some great stories and I really can't think of a more perfect person for that job!!

    ReplyDelete