Thursday, September 29, 2022

A Bit of Nostalgia

 Yesterday morning I went walking in the morning and decided to head through Wheeler Farm.  There is a fun trail through the farm that runs from 13th East to 9th East.  While I was walking along the canal that run through the farm I ran into a bunch of ducks.  They are so used to seeing people walking by that they pay little attention to anyone who come near them.  I had to snap a couple pictures.  


As I neared the area where all the main farm is I came across this old tractor and it totally took me back to my years in Midway.  Yes, I had a moment of nostalgia mixed with some tears.  The tractor that I used to ride up to the barn to bring in the cows was exactly like this old tractor.  The only difference was that Max's tractor was silver.  You can see the smoke pipe coming up the side of the tractor and that was what I had to be careful to sit away from it so I would burn my leg as I straddled the hood.  LOVED riding up to the barn every night and often during the day when it was haying time.  Loved my childhood memories of Midway, Lila Mae and Max.


No comments:

Post a Comment