Monday, September 5, 2022

Swiss Days

 This last weekend was the annual Swiss Days celebration in Midway, Utah.  I can remember going to Swiss Days as far back as my memory can go.  Lila Mae and Max were always involved in the events of this two day marathon!  Lila Mae always made bread and Bratseli cookies.  She was famous for both.  Max was busy helping with setting up booths and helping with all the building and electrical challenges that come with an event this size.  

Lynda Ann, Mallory, Abby and I drove to Midway Friday morning and parked in Susan's driveway.  Susan's home is about two blocks away from the fair grounds.  




We spent a couple hours wandering up and down all the isles between the booths, looking and searching for just the perfect purchase of the day.  I actually found the book that Neal and I will give the kids for Christmas and the best find was the pillow that you can change the front according to the month, season and holiday.  Annie and I both had to have one of those.  All the extra panels fit inside the back of the pillow!  How very clever.

We had a great time and were glad we were there in the morning because as the morning sun got higher in the sky so did the temperature!  And there were masses of people to contend with.  We did run into Jill Thurber (Annie's friend) and Sandy Mack (Bobby Mack's daughter-in-law).  As we were leaving I noticed that Mallory had a darling sweatshirt and I decided that I needed to get one and Abby and Lynda Ann wanted to go back and find a booth, so we split up to make our last minute purchases before heading back to the car.  Dang, I should have bought one for Tucker!!!



Such an incredibly fun time with my daughter and granddaughters at Swiss Days.  Would I do it again?  Yup, absolutely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment