Monday, September 5, 2022

Our Last Goodbye

 Lynda Ann, Mallory, Abby and I left the festivities of Swiss Days and drove over to Lila Mae's home.  We all knew that we wouldn't have Lila much longer and wanted to see her one last time.  When we got there, the house was quiet so we just went back to Lila Mae's bedroom.  It is always sad and heart braking to see someone you love lingering between here and passing.  Maybe it is just as hard for the person leaving us as it is for us having to lose them.  Maybe that goodbye for them is something they don't want to face either.  

The four of us spent some very quiet and very tearful moments with Lila Mae telling her how much we loved her.  As we were getting ready to leave, Abby asked if she could say a prayer.  So we closed the bedroom door and Abby offered the most beautiful and spiritual prayer that I think I've ever heard.  I know it was heard by Lila Mae and those waiting for her on the other side.  I wish it had been recorded.  The two things that stand out in my mind were comments about the love between Lila Mae and I and the example we set for sisters to love each other.  She also mentioned eternal families and adopted children into those families.  I should have stopped sometime after and written down what I could remember but the emotions were too raw and too spiritual.  Maybe those beautiful words were only for the 5 of us to hear and share in that room.  I will long remember the feeling of love and the spirit that filled the room. You could almost touch it. Bless you, Abby, for your spiritual awareness, knowing that a prayer was needed at just that moment.  I think I felt a touch of the love the Savior has for each of us.  So overwhelming you almost want to fall to your knees and weep tears of joy.  I have tears flowing down my cheeks as I write this and remembering.  




No comments:

Post a Comment