Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 I read this article and was so impressed that I had to post it.

"Steve Jobs dies a billionaire, with a fortune of $7 billion, at the age of 56 from pancreatic cancer, and here are some of his last words . . .

At this momet, lying on the bed, sick and remembering all my life, I realize that all my recognition and wealth that I have is meaningless in the face of imminent death.  You can hire someone to drive a car for you, make money for you - but you cannot rent someone to carry the disease for you.

As we get older we are smarter, and we slowly realize that the watch if worth $30.00 or $300 - both of which show the same time.  Whether we drive a car worth $150,000 or a car worth $2000, the road and distance are the same, we reach the same destination."


Without Christ, there can be no fullness of joy.  Without His birth and His Atonement, we would have no Intercessor, no Advocate with the Father, and no Mediator who makes it possible for us to return to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father and live together as eternal families.  I celebrate with you the beautiful and miraculous reality of the birth and mission of the Son of God.

Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

No comments:

Post a Comment