Sunday, June 13, 2021

Emmi's First Sunday

 This came from Emmi and even though I've already posted for this week I had to post this letter from Emmi.  She is on an air craft carrier, out to sea for three weeks.  This was her first Sunday on the ship.  These are her words:

"Church was good!  Only a few members.  There is a chief that runs it.  One of the pilots was there.  They said there are actually quite a few members on board, but a lot of them work in the reactor and can't get away for church.  That doesn't really surprise me.  Nukes really do stay busy buried in the ship.  The best part of church in the military is always singing the hymns.  We only had seven people, I think, and no instruments so it was just cappella but it was still great.  They had condensed hymn books.  It was also all dudes and myself but they sounded pretty good for a rag tag bunch.  Just glad there are at least a few people.  The chief who runs it said it is his actual calling to run church on the ship, like extended from the stake president.  My LPO and chief are right now like 'Hey Gertson how was church?'  I love that they are at least tracking that it is something super important to me.  Glad there are members.  Glad my chain of command is thinking about me."

Emmi, what an example you are to our family and all the people you come in contact with.  I am so proud of your choices and your commitment and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment