Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin:

"Every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don't sing and bells don't ring.  Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."

Our Father in Heaven knows what He's doing and there is so much life yet to be lived as a not so young person.  

Joel Osteen:  "There are some things you can only learn in a storm"

Just the other day, I was sitting on the back steps in the warm Spring sun remembering that it was Jeff's birthday and thinking about Jeff and Annie when they were little.  I remember so many times walking to the school, the mall, the grocery store and the library holding their hands.  One such memory came to me when I took Annie to the library.  I remember walking in and out of the library holding Annie's little hand and how excited she was with her hand full of books.  We got in the car and I showed Annie a book about being adopted.  She looked puzzled and asked why I had checked that book out.  I told her I thought, because she was adopted, that she would enjoy reading it.  She immediately informed me that she wasn't adopted.  I told her she was and reminded her of all the talks we had about adoption and how we got her and Jeffrey.  She looked at me and said, "Didn't you tell me that you wanted me and you prayed to Heavenly Father for me?"  I told her she was right.  I did want her and I did pray for her.  She then said, "Well if you wanted me and you prayed for me and Heavenly Father sent me to you, then I'm yours and I'm not adopted!"

A felt a huge wave of emotion hit me and before I knew it, tears were gently falling down my cheeks.  I thought about all those years gone by and all of a sudden I felt an overwhelming sadness engulfed me.

For a moment my heart was sad as I reflected on those carefree days with my two little ones.  They were some of the best and most beautiful days of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment