Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Big Surprise

When I got home from the Northwest trip and we drove in the garage I could see that Neal had started a long overdue project.  Our garage has not ever been painted and Neal had said on numerous occasions that the garage needed to be painted.  He wasn't teaching a summer class this first semester so he decided this was the time frame to do it.  While I was gone, he emptied the garage by himself.  I still don't know how he did it all alone without breaking his neck, but he did.  He said it took him six hours to haul everything off the shelves and outside to the patio.  He had check the weather and saw that we had a 7 day window with no rain.  He worked on the garage for a week until he had it completely painted.  He called me at work and said he was ready to start putting things back.  I came home at 1:00 and we worked until 6:30.  I went through all the holiday bins and weeded out decorations that I never use anymore.  Mostly decorations that were on the big Christmas tree.  Neal actually threw away boxes and boxes of old tax stuff and factory stuff.  It was hard for him to do it, but he managed with a little pushing from me.




Painting the ceiling





This is the best picture of all.  Neal said that when he bent over to get more paint he felt his pants rip.  He had no idea how big the rip was.  I laughed so hard I could hardly hold the camera still to take a picture!  He was sure they could be mended and I just smiled and they are officially at the landfill!!


The garage looks really nice and right now it is very organized.  How long that will last remains to be seen but at least it is nicely painted!


No comments:

Post a Comment