Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

It was so nice to be back in church again.  To sit by people we know and love.  To hug, shake hands and see smiles.  What a good day today.  The sacrament meeting was great and relief society even better.  I'm so happy to be up on the Sabbath, dressed and ready to go and partake of the sacrament, renew my covenants with my Father in Heaven and feel the spirit of the meetings.

I think it would be and maybe has become easy for members to become spiritually complacent.  I know that I thought back on not having to get up and get dressed for church and for a while, kind of enjoyed the freedom.  But I also could see how easily it could become a habit of not going.  

President Nelson said that "We must realize we are at war.  the war began before the world was and will continue."  So if you and I are at war then we need to know who our enemy is.  Satan wants to drag us down to be miserable and Christ wants to lift us up to be happy, feel joy and belonging.  Satan wants us to forget who we are and Christ wants us to remember.  We have been reserved to come to earth now at this specific time in history for a purpose.  There is a great work for each of us to do.

In some ways it's taken less sacrifice to be a member of the Church during the pandemic because temples have been closed, church has been at home and church assignments have not been needed.  but I believe that Satan has not taken a vacation.  He would like to convince us all to opt out of formal worship and service with others.  But I believe with all my heart, that we need each other.  We need company and conversations.  We need to hear talks and testimonies to help our own testimony grow.

I am so grateful to be back to church and fellowship with ward and stake members.  How blessed we have been through the pandemic and how blessed we will continue to be if we will but stay true to the gospel holding fast to the word of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment