Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

I was watering my plants the other day and notice that my blooming cactus was really struggling.  It barely had three or four blooms on it this year and it look very unhappy.  I noticed that the soil was way down in the bowl and the soil was also very dry.  So I got some fresh soil and replanted the cactus, packed it in good and watered it.  I noticed this morning that it is already looking happy and healthy.  The potential was there it just needed some extra soil and nourishment to help it grow.  As I was reading some quotes I came across this one and it made me think of my cactus. 

This is the quote from Elder F. Uchtdorf:

"In a way, we are seeds.  And for seeds to reach their potential, they must be buried before they can sprout.  It is my witness that though at times we may feel buried by the trials of life or surrounded by emotional darkness, the love of God and the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will bring something unimaginable to spring forth."

I love that promise.  Through Jesus Christ something UNIMAGINABLE WILL SPRING FORTH.  We all need that promise in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment