Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 I think I have called him Andrew Man most of his life.  One of his Priesthood leaders nicknamed him Mandrew, so he is alias a couple times over.

Andrew was ordained to the office of a Priest last Sunday, January 10, 2021.  Because of the COVID issues Neal and I were not there but were certainly proud of his advancement.  His father ordained him to the office of a Priest which is the power and authority of God.  Andrew is a worthy young man.  His duties as a Priest is to "preach, teach, expound, exhort . . . . 

Andrew can now, if need be, bless the sacrament in his home for his family.  This is a very important step in his progression of becoming a God-fearing man, missionary, husband, father, and provider.  In D&C Section 11 the Lord tells Joseph's brother Hyrum (and Andrew) that he will be "the means of doing much good in this generation. . . trust in that spirit that leadeth to do good . . . you shall know all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, . . . Keep my commandments, hold your peace, appeal unto my Spirit, cleave unto me with all your heart... study my word . . . . seek the kingdom of God and all things shall be added according to that which is just. . . build upon my rock which is my gospel."  

We love you Andrew and proud of your decision to be ordained a Priest and to move forward in the gospel.  Stay the strong and good young man that you are today.  Does he not look like a little missionary?


 P.S.  I did have another recent picture of Andrew but for some reason I couldn't get it to download.  But this one is perfect!

Here is a current picture of Andrew:
Handsome man!

No comments:

Post a Comment