Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one."  Quote from Brad Paisley

Our 2021 Come Follow Me manual mentions about becoming new creatures.  "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature;  old things are passed away; behold all things are become new."

When we study the gospel, we're not just looking for new information; we want to become a "new creature".  I think this means relying on Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to help us change our hearts, our views, our actions, and our very natures."

As January 2021 is here I was thinking that this is the time when we make goals and fresh starts.  But with the Savior, our quest for personal change and growth doesn't only happen at the beginning of the year.  Through Christ, we can become "new creatures" every single day.  And when we get off course, He is there to help us back on the path and back to Him.  We get fresh starts whenever we need them, and He freely gives that to us. How grateful I am for that knowledge.  So, with that in mind I welcome 2021 but have to admit that I'm just a little apprehensive about the future too.

I don't know who took this picture of me but every time I see it, it makes me smile and feel good.  Not just because I've peeled the apple almost completely without breaking the chain of the peeling but I look happy.  That is one of my goals for 2021 to look for things and do things that will make me feel good and feel and be happy.  Happy New Year everyone.  Look for the happy and good in everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment