Sunday, November 22, 2020

Message From President Nelson

Friday morning at 11:00 A.M.  President Nelson said he would give a 15 minute message to the world.  He told us that he had been inspired to talk to everyone and this was the message he was supposed to give.

He told us that the remedy for the world crisis was gratitude.  He then invited everyone for the next seven days to turn social media into your own personal gratitude journal.  We are to post every day about what we are grateful for, who we are grateful for and why we are grateful.  At the end of the seven days, see if we don't feel happier and more at peace.  We were to use the hashtag #givethanks.  He went on to tell us that working together we can flood the media with a wave of gratitude that reaches the four corners of the earth.

Then he invited us to unite in thanking God through daily prayer.

Two of his quotes that were my favorite are:

"Counting our blessings is far better than recounting our problems."

"Showing gratitude is a long lasting spiritual prescription."

And - "Prayer brings forth miracles."

Now if I were a media person and knew how in the world to hashtag anything I would get on social media and start putting in what I'm grateful for.  But, because I don't have Mallory around to teach me I will be content with posting what I'm thankful for on my blog.  If any of my grandchildren want to copy and paste anything from here to a social media - be my guest.  

First I would say that I am thankful for a living prophet who guides and directs the affairs of God's church here on the earth.  When I think about the world and all the confusion and heartache that people are experiencing during this pandemic I am reminded of the incident of President Nelson and Elder Wirthlin at General Conference in 2007.  I so remember watching 90 year old elder Wirthlin at the pulpit and he began to waver just a bit.  Immediately President Nelson went to him and steadied his arm and body so that Elder Wirthlin could finish his talk.  I remember tears falling down my cheeks as I watched President Nelson comfort and sustain this great man.  

While we may not physically feel President Nelson's hand on our arm, we can feel him steadying our hearts,

I testify to all that we do have a living prophet on the earth today and that God is still speaking and reminding us to . . . . "Be still and know that I am God."



I'm also grateful that he sealed Neal and I in marriage for eternity.  


No comments:

Post a Comment