Thursday, November 26, 2020

Abby Gets Her Mission Call

 Some time ago Abby decided that she should go on a mission.  I'm sure lots of prayers were offered by her to make sure this is what she was supposed to do.  I'm always sure that Jeff and Annie were thrilled to know that they would have another missionary in their family, but kind of sad to think that she would be leaving them for a while.

Abby began preparation for her mission by getting all the necessary doctors' appointments along with her meeting and interview with her Bishop and the Stake President.

Abby is beyond ready and she knows that she will dedicate her next 18 months to the Lord.  Abby is committed to serving and clearly understands that a mission is not an opportunity for her to have cool experiences, rather a mission will require her to work hard both physically and emotionally, forgetting about herself and serving the Lord.

I suspect that she and Mallory, who served a mission in Tennessee, have talked about what it is going to take to find, teach and baptize those she serves, and who she will help come unto Christ.

Abby is beyond ready and will be a mission president's dream come true!  She is mature, spiritual, calm, quick to learn, level-headed and obedient.

Abby has been called to the Los Angeles, California Spanish Speaking Mission and will leave for Mexico City to the mission home to learn the language.  She will be in the mission home for 6 weeks and then to LA to serve the people there.  


Jeffrey R. Holland:

"Don't worry about the language.  None of that matters.  It will not matter.  God loves you and this is the truth and you can do it!  Just reach down, pull up your socks, and go to work.  This is a atime for you to go out.  I plead with you sisters to start fast, run hard and to the top!  You can rest later."

Two of my favorite primary songs:

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,

I know who I am

I know God's plan.

I'll follow him in faith.

I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.

What a simple and beautiful statement of the truths we believe!

and:

I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ

I'll honor his name

I'll do what is right;

I'll follow his light

His truth I will proclaim"

I know these words are true and that we have a loving Father in Heaven, who is waiting for us to turn to Him and to bless our lives and the lives of those around us.

#givethanks

No comments:

Post a Comment