Sunday, November 15, 2020

A Surprise from Mindy

 I got a text from Mindy asking me if I had anything delivered to me.  I told her I had not and she said to check my porch just in case.  So I did and there was nothing there.  Then I got a text from a flower delivery who said they had a delivery for me but couldn't get through the gate and needed the gate code.  I told them they were at Farm Hill and that he needed to come around the corner and enter our complex from 1300 East.  But, he never showed up.  The next day I got about three or four calls from the floral place getting my address and directions on how to get there.  I chuckled because I suspect Mindy probably called them and gave them the "what for" for not getting the arrangement delivered.  She felt bad because she wanted it to be a complete surprise.  The arrangement came the next morning and it was beautiful!  Along with the floral arrangement was attached this note.  

 A beautiful cornucopia filled with gorgeous fall colored flowers.  It is beautiful and certainly made me feel thankful for a very thoughtful daughter-in-law.  I love that Mindy has made it a point to keep complete contact with the family and to be a part of any celebrations that are planned.  Thank you Mindy, for the gorgeous arrangement.  What a beautiful setting for our Thanksgiving table - even though there may only be Neal and I.  I can look at it and it will remind me of family and love and all I have to be thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment