Sunday, April 12, 2020

Three fun pictures from Annie

Annie sent some pictures that were very fun to see.  One was a blast from the past that I just had to save and post.  This picture was taken as She and Jeff, JC and his wife were going to the Olympic closing ceremonies, almost 20 years ago, if you can believe that.

Those were exciting times for Salt Lake City and exciting memories for me working in the education department of the Olympics with Judy Stanfield as my boss.  My main job was having different elementary school choirs welcome the Olympians to Salt Lake City at the welcoming ceremony in the Olympic Athlete Village.  I spent every day for almost three weeks at the village welcoming the athletes as they arrived.
I was assisted in helping Judy with the Olympic pin contest.  We would have students from different grade schools draw pictures of the Olympics and then we would chose a winner and have a pin made of their drawing.
My final job was making sure all the elementary schools had tickets to all the events and accompany them to the events.  It was quite a task distributing thousands of tickets and arranging for hundreds of busses to transport the students to the different events.

Annie also sent me a picture of the new Tooele Temple.  Not sure what it will be called, but here is a drawing of what it will look like.  It will be a three story building and will certainly stand out in that area.  Of course, the Gertsons are thrilled to have a temple almost in their back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment