Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday thoughts

Today for Sacrament Meeting Mallory, Neal and I went downstairs and watched the first four Book of Mormon movies.  They are amazing and I can't wait to see the rest.  If you haven't seen them with your family I would encourage all my children to gather their children around them and watch them.

I also read this article and felt that I should put part of it on my blog:

President Russell M. Nelson knows that living in a higher and holier way, along the covenant path, requires us to access personal revelation.  He wants each of us to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and a personal Savior in Jesus Christ who want to communicate and commune with us.  Because the prophets wants us to know the, he has extended a transformational challenge to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  "In this special lyears as we commemorate the 200th anniversary of the First Vision. I invite you to think deeply and often about this key question;  How do you hear Him?

So, I thought, how do I hear him.  The first thing that comes to my mind is I hear him through music.  Annette and I played and sang through most of our lives together.  I've always love music and have always been very touched by music.  Music is for me the language of Heaven.

I also hear him through others testimonies.  Often in Sacrament meeting I am brought to tears knowing that what someone is sharing is from the heart and rings true to the gospel that I love so much.  I can hear him in audible words, written words, calmness, specific thoughts and fleeting feelings.

President Nelson said that "to testify that we have heard His voice and know His word, will keep us on the covenant path as we journey toward our heavenly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment