Sunday, April 12, 2020

General Conference

I don't like to fill my Blog with negative things and so have made it a practice to try and just record good things that are happening in the family and in the Church of Jesus Christ to which I am a proud member.  But, I felt strongly about something Lyndsy said to Neal and I and it seemed appropriate to comment on it.  Lyndsy said that she would not listen to conference because she, and I quote "didn't want to hear raciest and misogynistic talks and comments from the speakers."  

I listened very carefully to all the conference talks and not one talk even came close to what Lyndsy claims she would hear.  If anything, they were all the opposite of raciest and misogynistic.

Joy D. Jones gave a talk on "An Especially Noble Calling."  She said, "The Prophet Joseph Smith counseled the sisters to live up to their privilege.  Their example teaches us today.  They unitedly followed a prophet's voice and lived with steadfast faith in Jesus Christ as they helped lay the foundation we now stand upon.  Sisters, it is our turn.  We have a divine errand from the Lord, and our faithful, unique contributions are vital."  

Misogynistic?  I can't find it.

The new Bicentennial Proclamation to the World.  Pres. Nelson said, "We felt impressed to create a monument - not of granite or stone, but of words.

"We solemnly proclaim that God loves His children in every nation of the world. . . .
As companion scripture to the Bible, the Book of Mormon testifies that all human beings are sons and daughters of a loving Father in Heaven."

Racist?  I can't find it.

Neil L. Anderson talked about a" Father in Heaven who knows us and who loves us.  We hear Him in our prayers, in our homes, in the scriptures, and in our hymns."

Elder Dale G. Renlund said, "I invite you to remember each day the greatness of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Every single talk, without exception talks of love for our fellowman, that we are all children of God, to care for each other, and that women and men work equally together to build up the Kingdom of God on the earth.

If Lyndsy can find one sentence in any of the talks at general conference that speak of being raciest or misogynistic, I would love to see it.

I bear testimony to my posterity that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ.  That it was restored to us in these latter days by the Prophet Joseph Smith.  The Book of Mormon is true and is another witness of Jesus Christ.  This is the only true church on the earth today.


No comments:

Post a Comment