Sunday, February 5, 2017

Quilting project

Remember the story I told about the miracle that happened to Susan.  Her roof needed to be replaced because all the shingles were curled and rotting and she didn't have the money but the roofers did the labor for free and all she had to pay for was the shingles and low and behold people secretly and silently donated money to the roofer and Susan ended up not having to pay one penny!  All this around Christmas time.  A time that is stressful on many bank accounts.  Well, Susan wanted to do something special for the two men who put the roof on and she asked me if I would be willing to make two star quilts if she bought the material.  Of course I told her I would.  I got the material last Saturday and finished the last 40 stitches today.  I'm taking it to Annie to have her stitch the edges up on her machine and while she is doing that, I put the second one on the frames.  Probably won't get the second one done quite as fast.  My fingers are a bit sore so I can't go quite as fast, plus I have things going on a couple evenings this week.  But I will work as quickly as I can because I know Susan will be anxious to give them to the roofers.  Here is a picture of the beginning and the ending of the first quilt.  The second quilt I'm going to do the star in white and border in red.  The first picture is the material on the frames.
 The second picture shows where the pins are that outline the start in the middle of the quilt.  The white stitching is the border all around the star.
 Below is the pattern that you follow to know where to put the pins for the star.  Everything has to line up exactly or you could end up with a lop sided star!  Who every heard of a star being lopside?!!!
 Back side.  Star doesn't show up as much on the red so that is why we are changing to a white star on the second one.  That way the roofers will have each a different quilt.  The roofers have names but I don't know who they are.  Just know they are GREAT people doing wonderful things for people in need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment