Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bloom where you are planted

When Jeffrey died, I had two visitors that came to our home.  Both, I realized later, that were people I needed to see.  One couple was President Parry.  He was the Stake President who called me to serve as the Stake Relief Society President.  I grew to love this man and his wife.  The other was the new Stake President, President Mike Little and his wife Jan.  It meant a great deal to me that both of these couple took time out of their horrendously busy schedules to make a call of love and concern.  President and Jan Little brought an orchid that was blooming and absolutely gorgeous.  It has been a little over a year since we lost Jeff and I went by the orchid the other day and noticed new blooms!  I've never been able to get an orchid to re-bloom once it has lost all of its blossoms.  I don't know how many I've given up on and thrown away.  I looked and smiled thanked the Littles and this little plant for blooming again.  Just as this little plant is in full bloom again, so is Jeffrey.  He is well and happy and living.  Isn't there some silly saying in the YW program about blooming where you are planted?  My thoughts go to you Jeffrey and I hope you bloom where you are planted.  That you are embracing the gospel fully surrounded by so many people who had gone before you.  I look at the orchid every time I walk by, which is numerous times a day, and I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment