Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pictures from the ropes course

Our first course was our teens, tweens and youngest ones figuring out how to get from one stump to another without stepping onto the ground.  It was difficult at first but the finally realized that if the worked together and helped each other that they could get everyone across even down to the youngest.  It was a good experience.


 Cute picture of Maren and Greg.
Next we did the life line but there weren't any pictures because we were all blind folded and couldn't talk.  Everyone had a different experience and gained something different as they went through it.  This one is one of my favorite things to do in a ropes course.  From there we went to the high wire event.  This one always freaks me out!

 I don't remember what order we went in or who was first or last.  I just know it took me a while to decide I was going to actually do it.  You climbed the dangling pole which is about 30' high and then across a high wire and then down a zip line.  It was hard to get really good picture with my phone but I did the best I could.  I think this is Lynda Ann going up the pole. If you look the the left of the picture you will see the wire that you have to cross.


 Look closely and you will see the Annie on the zip line.
This was Andrew working his way across.  He actually did it twice.
 Emmi girl on her way up the pole.
 This is little old me working my way up the pole with my heart beating just about out of my chest!
 Not sure who had my phone and took this picture but it gives you an idea how high up you are.
 Me frantically going across the wire and anxious to get the the platform on the other side.  Where you are hooked up to the zip line.

 Coming back from the zip line and happy to have both feet on the ground.
Even our youngest were able to make it up the pole and across the wire and down the zip line.  Boston and Brock even made their way up and across.  Boston could barely reach the handles on the pole and wire above him but he made it.  River gave it a shot but only got about 1/4 the way up the pole and panicked and had to be brought down.  Mallory and Abby had done it before and decided not to do it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment