Monday, July 18, 2016

My first RS Lesson at the MBK Retirement Center

My first lesson was on the temple and the blessings received from the temple ordinances.  I related a story about my mother bottling fruit every fall.  Peaches and pears were the choice of fruit.  I remember as a little girl laying in bed late at night and early in the morning listening to the lids on the bottle seal by popping one by one.  In all the years of mother bottling fruit, never once did she seal an empty bottle.  I went on to tell them that when we go to the temple for the first time Heavenly Father gives us an empty bottle and we spend our life filling it up with sweet fruits of the gospel and our Father in Heaven seals those blessing through eternity.  I think you get the picture.
You can't believe how many sisters in the ward that I called trying to find a bottle of peaches and pears.  Everyone had canned fruit but not bottled!  Finally Nykola Patton came through for me and I was able to get a bottle of each to have on display as I gave my lesson.  I also got some tiny Mason jars that I filled with white jelly bellies and a slip of paper that said Profound Truths and Temple Ordinances.  It was a fun lesson and everything went over well for my first time teaching them.




No comments:

Post a Comment