Friday, December 5, 2014

Hayley’s band concert

Hayley invited me to her very first band concert.  She is playing my old clarinet that we had fixed and cleaned.  She was excited to be participating in her first concert.  Whenever I go to one of these it always takes me back to my years of playing the clarinet.  I don’t remember doing any concerts in grade school or junior high.  Not sure they did them until high school.  I do remember in grade school (Franklin Elementary) that we had to go outside and around to the side of the building and down some stairs into a basement like room where our music class was.  Kind of creepy now that I think about it! 

It was a fun evening.  The concert was from 6 p.m. to 6:35!  One has to love those short grade school band concerts.  After the concert, we went back to the Gertson home and had a delicious dinner and then home for me.  Thanks for inviting me Hayley!  And for letting me be a part of your very first concert ever!  (To quote Hayley)

You’ll notice that Lynda Ann has her home quite festive.

IMG_1410IMG_1411IMG_1412IMG_1414IMG_1415

No comments:

Post a Comment