Sunday, September 7, 2014

Brock’s baptism

A baptism in the family is always a fun and spiritual time for all who attend.  As I sat at Brock’s baptism I realized that we will probably only have two more grandchildren to be baptized.  Peyton and Boston will be our last two.  It was kind of sad and I felt a bit older to realize that we are at the tail end of the baptisms.  Our grandchildren are growing up and soon the mission cycle will begin in the not too far distant future.  The baptism program started at 9:00, followed by Brock being baptized by his dad.  He was then confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and given a beautiful blessing by his grandfather, Dan Cutler.  Just a few pictures that were taken just prior to the baptism.  I don’t know the names of all the Cutler family who attended (I hope Maren records that somewhere).  The Maxfield family was represented by Neal and I and the Gertsons.

IMG_1095IMG_1096IMG_1098IMG_1099IMG_1101IMG_1102

After the baptism we were all invited over to Maren and Greg’s home for a very nice brunch!  She had cinnamon rolls, a variety of muffins along with fruit, drinks and Sylvia brought two breakfast casseroles.  It was great to sit and visit and relish the time together.

IMG_1108IMG_1110IMG_1111IMG_1122

Maren had just completed an all night shift at the hospital and got home just in time to change and be at the church at 9:00.  I don’t know how she could look so refreshed and be able to host a gathering at her house but she certainly did a beautiful job.  Thank you Maren, for hosting everyone.

Neal and Jeff G. had a golf time at Thanksgiving Point and Lynda Ann and the kids were going down to Provo to see Emmi and let Emmi’s siblings see where she lived and have a chance to walk around campus.  I jumped on the excursion and enjoyed the afternoon visiting with Emmi and seeing the campus sites.  On the way home we drove by the home where I grew up and then drove past the new Provo Temple that is still be constructed.  It is amazing how they have been able to rebuild the old tabernacle and change it into a temple.  They have kept the outside looking almost exactly as it was before it burned down.  I was surprised to see the Angel Moroni atop the building already.  For some reason I thought he was placed on top at the very last.  Obviously, not so.

IMG_1128IMG_1131

It was a spiritual and fun day.  Thanks to all who participated in making it a special day for Brock.  As I reflected on the day of Brock being baptized and then seeing my oldest granddaughter beginning her college years, I thought that we all would want a Pollyannaish family.  We want to hold on to our kids’ innocence as long as possible – we want to prolong their childhood.  I’m so grateful to my children who are teaching their children about Jesus Christ, His gospel and the gospel principles.  I believe it is the only way they can be protected from the carnal world.  I am so grateful for my mother who helped me gain a testimony of this great church and encouraged and taught me to hold fast to my beliefs.  Thank you mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment