Sunday, September 21, 2014

A simple white hanky can have so much meaning!

IMG_6328

This morning Neal and I attended the re-dedication of the Ogden Temple.  It was a beautiful and tearful experience that I shall remember for years to come. 

President Monson has said:  “In the temple, the precious plan of God is taught.  It is in the temple that eternal covenants are made.  The temple lift us, exalts us, stands as a beacon for all to see, and points us toward Celestial glory.  It is the house of God.  All that occurs within the walls of the temple is uplifting and ennobling.  As we touch the temple and love the temple, our lives will reflect our faith.  As we go to the holy house, as we remember the covenants we make therein, we will be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation.  The temple provides purpose for our lives.  It brings peace to our souls – not the peach provided by men, but the peach promised by the Son of God when He said, ‘Peach I leave with you, my peace I give unto you’.

As I sat in the meeting I was happy for our children and grand children who would be attending the temple dedication today.  And my heart was heavy thinking about our children and grand children who would not be participating.

In the proclamation from the church it says, “Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.”

I want my children and grand children to be grateful and happy.  I want them to serve and be proud of their heritage and never be ashamed of their Mormon faith and testimony of Jesus Christ.

I bear witness to all my posterity that I know I am a daughter of a loving God.  He directs my life and I will always try to listen and obey the promptings that come to me.  I am not ashamed of my Mormon faith and it’s beliefs.  Every day I see the sign above my back door that says, “A S A P” and underneath the letters it says “Always Say A Prayer”.  It reminds me to get on my knees every morning and offer my thanks for all I have and enjoy, to bless my children and grand children and ask forgiveness.

I LOVE the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I KNOW it is true.  My contentment and happiness lies in that knowledge.  My ability to go through each day and battle the storms in my life lies in that knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment