Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Mother’s Day Gathering

Yesterday, Lila Mae, Susan, Lynda Ann and I met in Salt Lake and had lunch together, exchanged presents, visited and caught up on all the family happenings.  After lunch we headed to Tuesday Morning, Seagull Book, Ross and TJ Max.  From there we went to Sugar House (which I fondly refer to as Sugar Hood) (and I’ll tell you why in a minute) and went in ShopKo, Payless Shoes, Deseret Book and then to the Yogurt Ice cream place where we finished our day together with a cold refreshing treat.  It was, as always, a very fun day filled with surprised, fun, and lots of laughter.  I just had to post the gift that Susan gave me.  I can hardly wait for July to come around so that I can hang my new wreath on my door.  Look how awesome!  I didn’t notice my feet were in the picture!

IMG_0661

Lila Mae gave me the figurine and the movie The Book Thief.  I’m so excited to watch it.  I loved reading the book and seeing the movie.

IMG_0663IMG_0664IMG_0662

Now why do I refer to Sugar House as Sugar Hood?  When you go into the yogurt store and you look on the bathroom door there is a sign that says “Anyone caught doing or using drugs in the bathroom will be prosecuted to the fullest.”  Now really, have I seen a sign like that anywhere else in Salt Lake?  Nope, only in Sugar Hood – the drug capital of the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment