Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tomato Pie

This is what we had for dinner last night.  Tomato pie.  Absolutely delicious.  Of course, Tucker would throw up if I served him a piece but for people who love tomatoes, cooked or raw, will love this pie.  We have been given so many vegetables as the season is coming to a close.  Everyone is beginning to harvest what is left in their gardens and they don’t want or need any more so they are giving it away.  We have corn, zucchini squash, summer squash, crook neck squash, beans, etc.  Our ward has had a Sunday exchange where people bring extra produce from their gardens and put it in the kitchen and anyone can go in and take what they want.  It is a great program!  I visit wards every Sunday so I get to see what it is three ward kitchens.  Very nice.  Anyway, here is a picture of my tomato pie.  Anyone who wants a recipe, let me know.

IMG_4249IMG_4250

No comments:

Post a Comment