Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pioneer Day Commemoration

IMG_2217IMG_2218

Linda and Dave Knight called us on Thursday and asked us if we were doing anything on Friday night.  We told them we didn’t have any plans.  They said the had two extra tickets to the Tabernacle Choir concert at the Conference Center and would we like to go.  What an incredible experience!  The Conference Center was nearly filled to capacity.  We had great seats right up at the front of the hall.  I don’t think I felt more love for the pioneers and for our country than I did that evening.  I hope they broadcast it on KBYU.  It would be worth seeing over and over again.

This was probably one of the few times that I didn’t have my trusty camera with me and I wish I had.  When we sat down, Neal all of a sudden noticed someone two rows in front of us and sure enough, he knew the couple.  I told the Knights that this was a common occurrence and a family joke.  Then Neal decided to find a bathroom and on his way back we saw him talking to another couple and then two more groups of people.  It still amazes me that no matter where we go, he runs into people he hasn’t seen for years and even more amazing, he remembers their names!  Oh, I just remembered, we were in Deseret Book prior to the concert and he ran into one of his old missionary companions!  Yup, some things never change.

IMG_2219

I had to add this picture of Bella.  She is by my side no matter what I’m doing, even blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment