Friday, July 1, 2011

Donald's Funeral - day two





April, Donald's oldest granddaughter.

The service took placed at the San Diego National Cemetery for retired servicemen. Donald served in the Navy for 28 years. They had a Chaplain administer the service or last rites. Lynda Ann and I both shed tears. Parting with a loved one and saying a final 'goodbye' is always difficult, no matter the circumstances. I am so grateful for my knowledge and understanding of where I came from, why I'm here and that our sojourn here on earth is just another stepping stone in our eternal progression. Families are forever.



I LOVE this picture of mother and Donald walking down the streets of Seattle.

Donald was 14 1/2 years my senior. He joined the navy when he was 18 and basically lived away from home the rest of his life.









No comments:

Post a Comment