Sunday, July 17, 2011

I was where?

IMG_2206IMG_2207

This was one of those times when I seriously had no clue where I was.  I guess at 66 I have a right to be a little bit absent minded, but this may have been over the top.  Let me take a moment to recount.

Last week, we were really busy at work and we were short on office staff.  I told my bureau that I would run to Wendy’s and do the drive through and get myself a “kid’s meal” and be back in a flash.  I jumped in the car and drove over the Wendy’s, pulled up to the speaker and said, “I would like a hamburger kid’s meal with a coke.  The invisible person in the speaker said something about sizing and I said, “No, I just want a hamburger kids' meal with a coke!”  The voice asked me something else that I could not understand and I again said (with a little attitude in my voice), “I just want a hamburger kid’s meal with a coke!”  The voice said, “Thank you, that will be $3.26 at the window.”  I thought that was a bit strange as the kid’s meals have always been $3.12.  But I figured they had raised the prices and proceeded to the first window.  I paid the girl and she handed me my coke.  I thought the cup was a different color than usual and was bigger.  I also thought it strange that she had handed me my drink at the first window and didn’t tell me to pull forward.  I glanced ahead and noticed that there wasn’t a second window.  “That’s odd, I thought.  They must have close up the second window for some reason.”  The girl then handed me my sack of food and shut the window.  I wondered where my little frosty was that always comes with the order but was in a hurry and didn’t want to wait and I had a car behind me so I pulled forward and headed back to work.

I ran in the building, set my lunch down and said something about how I would have been faster but they were unusually slow at Wendy’s drive through.  There were three people in the office and one of them was Ron.  He looked at me and said, “Well, if you were at Wendy’s why do you have Del Taco?!” 

I think there is nothing more to add. 

No comments:

Post a Comment