Friday, April 8, 2011

A Phalaenopsis

Neal is fascinated with exotic plants.  He keeps bringing home plants that I’ve never heard of much less have a clue how to take care of them.  I keep telling him that we have enough plants around the house and we have no more room but he doesn’t listen and every time he goes to Cactus and Tropicals he brings home yet another plant.  This time it is a Phalaenopsis.  Now you may wonder, as did I, what a Phalaenopsis is.  Well, I’ll tell you.  It is more commonly referred to as Moth Orchids and is considered one of the most popular orchids to grow and bloom in the home.  Phals have long lasting flowers which can often bloom more than once per year.  There you have it.  Now you know as much about this plant as I do.  Wish me luck!

April 2011 022

No comments:

Post a Comment