Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving is always a holiday that I love.  It all stems from my childhood and mother making pies of all kinds, smelling the turkey cooking in the oven and having siblings and family arrive.  That day was always filled with happy times, laughs and such warm memories.  There is a line in Little Women that Joe makes where she wishes that things could never change.  If I could go back in time, that would be one of the days that I would pick to return to.  I just hope my children and grandchildren also will develop fond memories of Thanksgiving and all that we have to be thankful for.

This year we had Maren, Greg, Jaden, Taylor, Brock and Boston.  Jeff and Lynda Ann, Mallory and Andrew.  Lyndsy, Sunshine and Sunshine's friend, Jane.  We missed our California family and Derek along with Emmi, who is in Georgia, Abby, who is now living in California and Hayley, who went with her boyfriend to spend Thanksgiving with his family.  Our total was 15.  A very manageable group.  We were able to get everyone around one table with the card table added at the end.  

Table all set up with our new Thanksgiving dishes.  

Turkey in the oven.  First time I actually used the bottom oven.  So nice to have two ovens.  I was able to cook the extra dressing and the turkey in one oven while cooking the rolls in the top oven.  

Always have to have carrots.
Of course, the home made rolls.
And a prayer of thanks said and we are ready to dish up and eat!  Just in case you don't recognize everyone.  I'll start with Neal, go to his right and around the table:  Neal, Sunshine, Taylor, Brock, Boston, Lynda Ann, Jeff, Mallory, Andrew, Jaden, Maren, Greg, Lyndsy and Jane.


No comments:

Post a Comment