Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Finished Project - New One Started

 I have to kind of laugh at myself when I think of all the counted cross stitch I do.  When I see all the stuff the Lila Mae accumulated over the years and see that none of her kids are really interested in them.  For example her dolls.  Hundreds of them that no one wants.  And nativities that she has collected over the years.  Again, hundreds of them and no one is interested in them.  But, then I think about how much pleasure they brought her during her life.  So, is it sad that no one is interested in them?  I think it isn't.  We do things in our lives that makes us smile and feel good.  Dolls and nativities were her thing and she loved them.  Counted cross stitch is my thing and I love each one that I do.  What will happen to them when my journey is through, matters not.  The fact that they brought me pleasure doing them and often filled in empty spaces in my day are what is important.  Some I have posted and immediately had an "I speak that one!", come to my phone.  So, I know that some will go to children and grandchildren that will be a reminder of me.  The others?  Gosh, it really doesn't matter, does it.  So I will continue to do them as long as they bring me pleasure.  So here is another finished project and the next one that I've started.  

My favorite thing about this one is the little bird.  He has so much personality.  Of course this one needs to be pressed and taken to the framing establishment.  I'll post a picture when it is completed.

This is my next project.  I've already got the second row done.  As you know when doing counted cross, you start in the center of the pattern and work out.  The center was the bottom of the lantern.  Just a little FYI :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment