Sunday, October 30, 2022

Fall and Winter

 It is always an interesting phenomenon to me that Utah weather can bring changes within hours and over night.  One day it can be in the upper 60's and the next morning you wake up to this.

But, I have to admit, that is what I love about Utah.  Our changing seasons are so beautiful and fun to experience.  I love looking out our East windows and seeing the changes in our gorgeous and ever so stately Wasatch Mountains and especially Mt. Olympus. 

Summer's hottest days are over and the nights are getting much colder.  I had to give in and not only turn the heat on but get out the quilts for the bed.  I pulled this quilt out and thought about the hours that were spent by Lynda Ann putting this together.  

I also spent the day changing out the closets and bringing out, not only the quilts but the sweaters and coats.  I kind of feel a note of lingering sadness as I watch the leaves turn and fall from the trees and the house becomes slowly decorated with the coming holidays.  My walks in the morning are certainly colder and require more clothing.  I love the changing seasons but will always be looking toward Spring and Summer during the winter months.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment