Thursday, October 20, 2022

A Morning Fall Walk

 This morning my usual walking partner couldn't go with me so Neal said he wanted to go.  We headed out about 9:00 and talk about a beautiful morning and a fun walk.  We went along 13th East and turned into Wheeler Farm property.  Wheeler Farm takes up property from 9th East to 13th East.  It was fun to see all the Halloween decorations up, the hay maze and all the animals enjoying this gorgeous weather.  

This picture reminded me of my years at Provo High School and BYU.  We didn't have a car so I walked to and from school each day.  The Fall was the best because of all the leaves on the ground that crunched and swirled as you walked through them.  That is exactly what I did while we were walking all along 13th.

This is a picture of Wheeler Farm decorations.  All the pumpkins hung above the entrance.
This was the turkey's and the peacocks on top the barn roof.  Thought it was kind of funny to see them roosting up there.
And, of course, Neal ran into someone that he knew from high school.  Seriously we rarely go anywhere that he doesn't find someone he knows.  
Close up of the birds on top the barn.  

I love walking through Wheeler Farm.  I believe that every child who has not spent some time on a farm, either visiting or living there, has missed a great deal in life.  No vacation that I ever had thrilled me quite as much as my trips to Midway each summer when I was a little girl.  

Back of Lila Mae's house was the farm with the old wooden barn.  I can remember bringing in the cows, talking to them and while they were being milked climbing into the hay loft to sink down on the hay and chew on a piece of hay.  I always loved watching the milking from the loft.

Lila Mae always had a delicious dinner waiting after the evening milking was done.  The smell of Home made bread always greeted us at dinner time.  We would often sit on the front porch.  I would listen to the adults talking while I dreamed mostly of what tomorrow would bring.

The leaves are falling one by one,

The summer days are passed and gone

The pumpkins now are big and round

Have turned to yellow on the ground

Happy Fall everyone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment