Tuesday, March 22, 2022

On a Happy Note

 I received this letter from Abby and it came at a time when I needed to hear that I was loved by a grandchild.  (I know I'm loved by many of them :-) )

"Holaaaa!!!  Thank you for your sweet birthday messaged.  I could hear your voice as I read your email and you 'sang' to me.  I love you so much!!!

    We've been doing good here.  We had some really cool miracles this week and I love serving here.  The     people here are amazing and I can't imagine serving anywhere else or not speaking Spanish.  Latinos        are the greatest people!!  This last weekend we had a friend that needed to move and doesn't have any        family or friends to help.  She is not a member but we have been teaching her.  She told us on Friday        that she had to be out by Sunday.  We told her we would do what we could to help.  We called a lot of        members but no one could come help us.  Even the missionaries were not able to come.  So we started        calling friends who are not members but that we are teaching.  They were incredible!!  So we are               outside the apartment building and WOW MILAGROS!!!  our friend Oscar pulls up in his truck and he     brought 3 other buys to come help.  We have never met them and they don't like our church but they            came to help.  Then Armando, our recent convert came in his truck and he brought a friend from the        English class!  It was AMAZING!!  Me and my companion were literally jumping and cheering in the        street because we had no idea how we were going to help this girl move.  The hermanos really came        through!!

    Only one of the six who came was a member and only one other really knows about our church.                 Something I love about this gospel is its a gospel of action.  So many people talk about doing good or        helping out but the church actually does.  And it doesn't matter who you are if you need help we are            there because that's what Christ did.  Those guys were my miracle this week among other miracles too."

No comments:

Post a Comment