Monday, March 7, 2022

Sunday Thoughts

 I didn't get a chance to finish posting on Sunday because I wanted to spend any extra time I had with Tucker.  

I taught my lesson in gospel doctrine on Sunday and these are the thoughts that I shared with my class.  The Kingdom of God is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It will stand forever.  Will we stand forever?  Will I stand forever?

There are four primary questions that we need to ask ourselves.  If we can answer 'yes' to these four primary questions then we don't need to worry about the secondary questions.  

1.  Is there a God who is our Father in Heaven?

2.  Is Jesus Christ the Son of God, the Savior of the world?

3.  Is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the Kingdom of God on earth?

4.  Was Joseph Smith a Prophet of God who laid down the foundation of the church?

You can't prove a positive by disproving a negative.

Look unto me in every thought and doubt not.


Also, these past two weeks have been incredibly hard for me.  Lots of family drama and lots of dumping on me.  I was feeling down and questioning myself as a step-mother and grandmother because of a letter I received.   

I received this from a friend and it certainly made me feel better about myself.

        "You look in the mirror and sometimes see a mess of a human being.

        But you don't see the lives you've touched, or the people you've saved.

        You don't see all the love you've given freely, or the extraordinary memories you've made.

        You are a book of beautiful moments and feelings."

She went on to tell me that it is easy to beat ourselves up when one family member turns against us.  But don't let yourself forget all the good and happy things!  

I have made a decision not to have a family gathering for Easter this year.  My feelings are just too raw right now and are going to take some time to heal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment