Monday, December 13, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

While Annie and I were quilting Mallory was telling us about the devastating tornadoes in Tennessee. I think that too often we take what we have for granted.  Too often we get caught up on our own needs and challenges and overlook the needs of others.  Too often we forget to look outward.  

I've been reading the Book of Mormon and once again read in Mosiah 18: 8-9 ".... as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light,; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort...."  

Lynda Ann made Emmi a 12 days of Christmas that are all gospel centered.  Emmi could take them on the ship with her and give to the members who meet on Sunday for church services.  Annie also made some for Abby and her companion.  I asked her if I could have a set to send to the Little's who are serving a mission in New York.  Lynda Ann is an example of someone who is always thinking of others and what she can do to serve and help.  I know this project probably cost her over $200 by the time she gathered all the things that were included in the 12 days.  

I got a call from them telling me how much they loved the gift and that it was the only Christmas decoration they had in their little apartment.  They had actually strung them up and hung them on the wall to take down each day.  Thank you Lynda Ann for your service to others and for letting me me a very tiny part of adding to someones Christmas far away from home.  



No comments:

Post a Comment