Monday, December 13, 2021

Midway Visit

 Today I left work early and drove to Midway to spend the afternoon with Lila Mae and to make bread.  Lila asked me why I came up there to make bread when I know how to make bread and make it frequently.  I told her that it was an excuse for me to come up and spend some time with her.  What I didn't say was that she is 90 years old and I don't know how long I'm going to have her.  I was hit with a jolt this morning when I got a text that a sweet sister in our ward had died.  She was just in my gospel doctrine class on Sunday and we talked for a few minutes before class and she was perfectly healthy and now she is gone.  Just that fast.  I don't know the details but life is so fragile and we have to make sure we take the time to spend with those we love because we never know when they will leave us.  We made bread, talked and laughed and reminisced about growing up.  I do love this sister of mine.  Can't imagine my world without her in it.  After we had made the bread we drove to a quaint little Mexican place and had a nice lunch.  As we were leaving I saw this Santa and we had our picture taken.


We had such a fun day together.  I will cherish every time we get together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment