Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Thoughts

Sacrament Meeting was a Christmas Program planned by the Bishop.  There was no singing but we did have a piano duet and a flute solo.  The most inspiring  part of the meeting was when one of our ward members played Silent Night on the violin.  No piano accompanying her, just her alone.  It was lonely and amazing all at once.  You could almost feel yourself on that silent night.  I had a hard time holding it together.

I couldn't help but think of those I've lost.  Mother, Annette and especially Jeffrey.  I was touched and sad at the same time.  I miss them, especially this time of year - I miss them so much.  This time of year can be joyous and magical, but it can also be lonely and heartbreaking.

I was overcome with gratitude as I thought about the Savior of the world who is the truest and brightest light in our lives.  We celebrate His birth because He bring us hope and joy, and the promise of reuniting with those who've passed on. 

As I've thought about this Christmas Season and the crazy year of 2020 I would say that I've learned a deeper sense gratitude.  I've been grateful to be able to go to church again.  I think I'm more aware of the beauty and wonder of the earth.  I'm grateful for my children and grandchildren and I would tell them to speak your love for each other, speak it again and speak it still once again.  It is a simple thing.  You've all heard it from each other, but it's influence can never be measured.

Christmas is a celebration and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of its true meaning.  

Picture of mother's grave decorated by Becky.  My thanks to Becky for always remembering those who have passed on.  She even tried to clear off the grave stone.  



No comments:

Post a Comment