Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas Choir Program

It was the Christmas Choir program this morning.  This is the 4th program I've had to put together and I keep thinking every year that it might be my last but so far that hasn't happened.  This program when about as perfect as it could and I was happy when the Amen was said.  Now I can concentrate on getting the finals things done around here for our Christmas party on Tuesday morning.

Annie came through for me again and made these incredibly fun thank you to give my choir people after the program.  They were festive and a great way to say Merry Christmas to each one of them and let them know how much I appreciate what they have done and supported me through the year and for this program.  Thank you Lynda Ann, for creating these for me to give.
 

Here is a quote from Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy:

"As a child, I thought Christmas came just one day a year.  As an adult, I now realize it is Christmas every day.  Because of the benevolence of a loving Heavenly Father and a beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, we are the recipients of a continuous flow of heavenly gifts - every day.  Heavenly gifts too numerous to mention."

As I read this quote, I thought about the text that Annie has sent me today.  She said she cried the entire sacrament meeting.  Emmi send her a message that the missionaries were giving her a ride to the airport.  Annie's heart was overflowing with gratitude for all the people that have watched over Emmi while she has been away.

Annie also said that she had a strong impression to check on her neighbor Kay.  Annie text her and this is the text back and forth:

Annie:  "Are you at church this morning?"

Kay:  "No, I have had sinus infection and still don't feel well."

Annie:  "I'm so sorry!!!  Can I do anything for you?  The kids could take your dogs for a walk?  Bring you some dinner?

Kay:  "Walking the dogs would be great.  I'm so blessed to have the Gertsons' for neighbors.  I asked God if he might be able to make a house call and He sent you."

Annie:  "I'm sitting in church and couldn't stop thinking about you."

Kay:  "Thank you"

Annie went on to say to me that it is another lesson in knowing Heavenly Father knows each one of us, answers prayers, and speaks to us.  And a reminder to ALWAYS listen to promptings.

Another quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that kind of sums up just what Annie experienced today.

"Christmas is a time of generosity.   Inspired by that spirit, we sometimes spend hours looking for the perfect gift to give our friends and families.  We are prompted to spend a little more time with those we love.  We become more aware of those in need, and often we extend ourselves more generously to aid them.  All of this is our imperfect but heartfelt echo of the generosity of our Savior, whose birth we seek to honor."

No comments:

Post a Comment