Sunday, June 24, 2018

Stake Conference

It was our Stake Conference this weekend and the meetings were incredible.  The closing remarks by our Stake President, President Little, were the ones that totally touched my heart and confirmed again to me through the Holy Ghost that the church is true.

One of the things he said was that there were a lot of changes in the Church since April Conference and that we are now, as members, being asked to live the Higher Law.  He said that because the focus has changed from Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching to Ministering and with very little guidelines that most of us are going from having training wheels to having them taken off our bikes and that we are all a little wobbly and unsure.  But, like our parents helping us steady the bike as we learn to ride without the training wheels so will our Father in Heaven be at our side and inspire and guide us.  I thought that was the most incredible analogy.  I love things like that.  It really helps me see the whole picture a little better.

"We turn to Him who knows us best - our Creator.  He allowed us to come to earth with freedom to choose our own course.  In His great love, He did not leave us alone.  He provided a guide - a spiritual road map - to help us achieve success in our journey."

I don't remember who state that but I thought it was a beautiful Sunday thought.

To all my posterity:  The church is true!  Hold tight to the iron rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment