Sunday, June 10, 2018

Mallory's letters

If you are not reading Mallory's weekly missionary letters each week then you are missing out on a great testimony building experience.  Her letters are full of her testimony and her love of her Savior and the gospel.  I can't think of one letter of hers that I've read that I haven't shed some tears.  Tears because I've been moved by the spirit that what she is saying is true and tears because she is
obviously so very happy.  This is a quote from one of her last letters that I just fell in love with.  Mallory said that one of the brethren in the ward she is serving in told her and her companion that "Sister missionaries are angels who have learned how to hide their wings."  Isn't that beautiful?

Last Wednesday I went to the temple and while I was there was thinking of Jeffrey and the thought that went through my mind was something I had read not too long ago and it went like this "my life has settled into a sense of normality since Jeff's passing but my heart hasn't completely followed.

A Sunday quote from President Nelson:
"A covenant made with God is not restrictive, but protective.  Such a concept is not new.  For example, if our water supply is not clean, we filter the water to screen out harmful ingredients.  Divine covenants help us to filter out of our minds impurities that could harm us.  When we choose to deny ourselves of all ungodliness, we lose nothing of value and gain the glory of eternal life.  Covenants do not hold us down; they elevate us beyond the limits of our own power and perspective."

Happy Sunday and follow Mallory's words that the Church is true and we should be reading our scriptures every single day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment