Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran’s Day

What do you do when you have a day off from work. Well, actually, I had two days off because I took Monday off too.  Haven’t taken a mental health day all year and decided I needed a ‘do nothing’ day.  Monday was just that.  I think I ran one errand for Neal and that was the extent of my activities.  Tuesday morning I got up at 4:45 with Neal to get ready to go to the Salt Lake Temple for a session.  Neal and I rarely go together because I don’t like getting up that early.  I’d rather go in the early afternoon but because I had the day off and had basically done nothing on Monday and had not been to the temple yet this month, I decided to go.  We got through about 8:30 and then made a stop at the Scout place and from there to breakfast at the Egg and I.  It was delicious and fun to just sit and visit with Neal without having to compete with anything or anyone (anyone would be his talk show hosts).  We finished there about 10:00 so drove across the street to Macey’s where we bought a new set of dishes.  Yes, another set of china.  It is totally fall and very much Neal’s colors.  None of it was available in the store so we had to ordered it and it will be shipped.  As soon as I get it, I will post a picture of it.  I’m very excited.  And I loved spending time with Neal – just the two of us.  We do enjoy each other and we do love each other and love doing things together.

After that we came home and have been doing odds and ends of projects around the house.  Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving!  Wow, the time is flying by way too fast.

Best get busy and get dinner fixed.  Salmon, rice and salad is on the menu for tonight!  By the way, I have crystal goblets from Neal’s mom that I will never use.  If any of you kids want the goblets, let me or dad know.

No comments:

Post a Comment