Monday, June 3, 2013

Tending River

James was called into work so Lyndsy called and asked if I would tend River for the day.  I had a list a mile long of things I needed to get done but figure River could either go with me or I would have to put my list aside.  River came about 10:30 so I was able to get some things on my list done before he got there.  When he arrived I told him that we would be going to get the car washed.  He wasn’t excited but didn’t have much choice in the matter.  Neal was extremely busy doing school work so River was stuck with his Gam.  I think it turned out to be a very fun outing for him.  He got to see a huge blue parrot and shoot some hoops and then give the guy a tip for cleaning our car.

IMG_4921IMG_4925IMG_4927

River decided he was hungry so we headed home to fix him a peanut and butter sandwich.  He made sure I knew that he didn’t want Miracle Whip on it!!  Pa cured him of that!

River was insistent on going swimming.  He just couldn’t let it go.  I had a million and one things I needed to do but how do you turn down the easy wish of a child when there is a pool right outside your front door that beckons him.  So off to the pool we went.  I feel bad that he got sunburned.  I didn’t even think about sun block.  Not sure I even had any.  I just didn’t realize he would be out there as long as we were.  Sorry River.  The first picture is of him talking himself into taking the first plunge.  The other two were of him begging me to take a picture of him doing his tricks.  You’ll notice he had the pool entirely to himself.

IMG_4928IMG_4930IMG_4931

Lyndsy picked him up about 4:30 and then Neal and I headed off to Jaden’s baseball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment